The importance of health and fitness is constantly stressed upon in everyone’s life, ever since their childhood. From a young age, we have all been encouraged to take better care of our health in order to lead a long and happy life. Making sure your children grow up to be conscious about their health is a common concern among parents, and there’s no better way to instil these habits in them than through meditation for kids. For healthy lifelong habits such as this one, it’s best if you start early. Meditation for kids is a great practice as it has benefits that extend way beyond the physical ones, making them an important practice for every child.
Meditation for kids routines consists of a series of kids appropriate breathing exercises, practising breath control and focus. Sites like cult.fit offer professionally curated meditation for kids sessions that have been sorted age-wise for maximum convenience and can be practised under your supervision or companionship. Here are the various benefits of meditation for kids that will surely help your child:
- Better Stress Management: Many parents make the common mistake of assuming childhood is a completely stress free period. This, however, is far from the truth and is a phase where a child develops many of his coping mechanisms that might undergo change as he grows up. Meditation for kids teaches them that, helping them stay calm in stressful situations and regulate negative emotions as life gets hectic.
- Enhanced Cognitive Function: Childhood is a time when many children go through a phase of hyperactivity, and meditation helps them keep that in check. Meditation increases levels of oxygen and blood in your body, increasing the supply of nutrients to your brain. This, in turn, greatly helps enhance cognitive function, boost memory and rational thinking skills along with improving attention span.
- Boosts Confidence: High levels of self-esteem are something you can help your child develop through meditation. Regular practice helps one feel better about themselves inside out, and studies have also linked meditation with the growth of positive emotions like empathy and compassion in children.
- Reduces Risk of Health Problems: One can encounter health issues at any point in their lives, but meditation will help prepare your child’s body from an early stage. It boosts gastrointestinal health, immune system, nervous system and heart health, reducing the risk of hypertension, cardiovascular diseases or heart issues.
- Prevents Mental Disorders: If a better understanding of emotions, both positive and negative, is not practised from a young age, many children are at risk of developing mental health issues at the time of adolescence or adulthood. But, as meditation helps regulate stress, it reduces the risk of disorders like depression, anxiety, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and more.
The above-mentioned benefits and more meditation for kids will help your children lead an extremely healthy lifestyle. It will better prepare them for the challenges of the future, and as a parent, that’s all you can do. Take a look at cult.fit’s meditation for kids pack and start with it right away!