Teenage isn’t an easy phase of life for any child. Hence, if your child seems to behave in a different way than usual, don’t be surprised. Millions of parents are facing the same troubled feelings like yours, so you aren’t alone. The only difference in parenting is that some parents are able to observe the trouble triggering element in their child and some aren’t able to do. Hence, they are unable to provide a helping hand to their child in the nick of time.
There are multiple reasons behind parents not able to notice the unmannerly behaviour of their child. They aren’t able to identify that that their child is remaining aloof and staying emotionally detached from the family.
Reasons why parents fail to observe their child is in trouble:
- Their leading of fast phased life.
- Their child living far away from home like in boarding school.
- Thinking their child has been influenced by the trendy behaviour of today’s youth.
Why youth are influenced by this kind of behaviour?
The basic reason is new emotional and physical elements are showing their prominence and hence this is a transition period of their life.
- Their brain is more active now.
- There are biological changes felt in their body system.
- Emotional conflicts are more at this phase.
- Feel stressed due to studies and striving to compete to stay ahead.
However, all teen behaviour may be seemingly to be alike, some behaviour pattern changes shows your teen is in trouble. Their attitude changing towards life is related to be normal teen behaviour however there are times when they face trouble as they are still unable to think like a matured adult. Unfortunately, they strive not to let others or even their parents know they are in trouble. Luckily parents are alert and watching closely their teen child, they are able to identify and find means to eliminate the issues faced by their teen kid.
The signs showing your teen are in trouble:
- Failing or getting fewer marks continuously and hence falling behind in grades.
- Quite a violent temperament suddenly, trying to harm others in anger.
- Loss of interest in any kind of activity, preferring to stay too aloof.
- Usage of abusive things regularly.
- Maintain high secrecy and rebel if ever questioned.
- Lying becomes a habitual trait.
- Indulge in self harm.
- Try to run away from home.
If you are a parent of a teenager and you observe that your child is in trouble there is no need to panic. Be sensible and consult experienced mentors ready to help your teenage child to cope up well with the issues and train them to be strong and matured person. Denver natives can log on alongtheirway.com any time to know more about the right ways to mentoring for at risk teens in Denver.