Bonda is a crispy, savoury fritter that is deep fried and served with some lip-smacking spicy chutney. It is a regional delicacy that is commonly prepared in South India. Many different variations of the Bonda exist across the region that range from savoury to sweet versions of this snack. Bonda is also prepared with vegetables such as green peas, potatoes and even paneer in some regions.
Our whole wheat Bonda recipe makes it easy for you to prepare this tasty snack in your own home with minimal preparation. This deep fried snack is an excellent choice to serve at tea-time during the winters and rainy monsoons. When the weather is cold, biting into a hot and crispy Bonda is the perfect way to indulge your taste buds.
Get started with your preparation for the whole wheat Bonda recipe with a pack of AASHIRVAAD Atta 10kg. This high quality whole wheat atta gives your homemade Bonda the perfect dual texture that is crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Click to check out AASHIRVAAD Atta 10kg price in your city.
The batter for this whole wheat Bonda recipe includes a selection of fresh seasonings such as green chillies, coriander, ginger, yogurt and finely chopped onion. These ingredients add a lot of flavour to your whole wheat Bonda to make sure each bite is bursting with deliciousness. Our whole wheat Bonda recipe includes ingredients that are readily available at home. This makes sure you can prepare this tasty snack whenever the mood strikes without having to take a trip to the market.
Serve your crispy whole wheat Bonda with some spicy chutney and pickle. It is paired best with a piping hot cup of tea which makes it the ultimate evening snack to enjoy with friends and family.
Crispy Whole Wheat Bonda Recipe with AASHIRVAAD Atta Ingredients
- AASHIRVAAD Atta – 2 Cups
- AASHIRVAAD Salt – As per taste
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – ½ Tbsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 ½ Tbsp
- Yogurt – 3 Tbsp
- Rice flour – 3 1 ½ Tbsp
- Coriander Leaves – 3 tbsp
- Ginger – 1 tbsp
- Water – As required
- Oil – For frying
How to make Crispy Whole Wheat Bonda Recipe with AASHIRVAAD Atta?
- In a bowl add AASHIRVAAD Atta along with the other ingredients (Onion, Yogurt, Chili Powder, Coriander Leaves, Green Chillies, Ginger, Rice Flour and AASHIRVAAD Salt)
- Add the required amount of water to form a batter with a thick consistency. Whisk vigorously to ensure all the ingredients are mixed well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Pour the batter in small ball sized dollops and fry till golden brown and serve with sweet and spicy chutney.